CFC House Rules
These are our house rules. As a member, or potential client, you are fully expected to read and understand these rules. As small business owners we have very limited time to handle things outside of our scope of responsibility of training and management and/or answer the same questions on a regular basis. Without sounding rude or restrictive, we have regulations in place as we grow in order to help make operations and your experience at CFC more streamlined and enjoyable. If you have questions or comments regarding some of these issues, please let us know so we may answer them.
VISITS & MEMBERSHIPS
- All new clients MUST partake in the 1 day Fundamentals Class prior to starting with CFC. The course runs the last Saturday of each training cycle at 1100 AM, and lasts about 2 hours. If you can’t commit to this, then our program won’t work for you. Everything we do at CFC requires a strong foundation of understanding the movements and commitment to the program and coaching. If this habit isn’t started in the F Class, then it’s a waste of our time.
- The only exception(s) to #1 may be in the case of a client with previous formal CrossFit training through another CrossFit Affiliate Gym or a current CFL1 or CFL2 certified coach. This will be verified by CFC staff by contacting the previous affiliate or the CF Certification staff.
- Our monthly rate are non-negotiable. We are a business and as such, we cannot make concessions or give discounts randomly. This is our livelihood and we must make sure our overhead is met. Our rates are not astronomical or unsubstantiated – our training and results speak for themselves. There are other affiliates who are more expensive and others who are much cheaper. If we are not in your price range, you may wish to contact another CrossFit training facility.
- We currently only offer a “Unlimited” membership package.
- We offer an Auto-Pay system for credit or debit cards. We highly recommend clients to use this system as it removes the headaches for all parties in remembering a payment and you will never be late.
- If you choose to pay in cash or check, you MUST be on time with your payment and you must have a CC on file with us as a backup. You have 5 days from your payment due date to submit payment. After that, we will charge a 10% late fee. Failure to pay at all during that month will result in you being excused permanently from our gym.
- If you are paying in cash or check, your payment dates are set on either the 1st or 15th of each month dependent upon which dates work best for you in regards to your personal bills. We have this information in our database. Please do not try to switch up mid-stream to prolong your next payment.
- If you need to split the monthly payment, please contact us and we will set it up for you.
- You may no longer freeze your account for temporary absences. You are either in or out. We have found the mass majority of account freezes end up being “quits” and it causes us all kinds of billing headaches and more work than we’d like to deal with. You may join back up at a later time, however, your rate may change if gym rates have gone up during your absence.
- You MUST notify us in writing of membership cancellation 30 days in advance. If you do not adhere to this, we will charge you for the current month. There are no refunds if you decide to quit CFC once your payment has been made and we were not given proper notice.
- If you wish to make a change to your membership status, please notify us prior to the next billing cycle. DO NOT contact us after your payment has gone through. If it is after your billing cycle has been charged, it creates a bookkeeping problem for us and you will be assessed with a $20 fee reversal charge. If the mistake is ours, there will be no fee assessed.
- If you wish to bring a friend to a “Free Class” to have them get a taste of our gym and training, we have no issue with that. However, we require prior notification of this so we can approve it dependent upon what programmed training will be for that day. Some programming is very hard to scale for a new person due to movement concerns, technical issues, safety, etc. Please let us know ahead of time and we will let you know if it will work out. We do not allow trial classes at any 615 AM class and all Tuesday classes.
- This rule also applies for potential new clients, Please contact us ahead of time to schedule a drop in. Do not show up expecting to workout without prior approval.
- Make sure you know what you are getting into. This is very hard work and there is no hand holding here. We treat our clients as athletes and will coach and motivate them, but not coddle them. We don’t like whining, quitting, or big egos. You will lift weights, run, lunge, squat, and do other things that you may never have done before. If you have an injury or cannot do the specific movements that are part of functional life or you are unmotivated and non-committal, then this program and gym will not work for you.
- Crazy Ivan only likes two kids and thankfully they are both his.
- We do not provide daycare for children.
- Kids are welcome in the gym, however, with certain restrictions. If your kid is a complete spaz or distraction, you will be asked to deal with it or leave for the day.
- Children are not allowed on the gym floor during active workout sessions. This is for obvious safety and insurance reasons.
- Kids are not allowed to workout, play on or with gym equipment when they visit the gym.
- Older or responsible kids who can sit quietly by and occupy themselves, may sit out of the way, while their parent(s) work out. In these instances, the child cannot be disruptive to the training process or become a hazard on the floor. If this is the case, you will be asked to leave or find supervision for the child.
- We do have a kids room that is unsupervised but can be fully viewed by parents at all times. Kids can watch DVD’s in there, do homework, read, play games, or whatever. No food is allowed in the room. Parents are responsible for any messes or damage caused by their kids. Please clean up after them when necessary.
- Kids are not to be left unsupervised at CFC at anytime!
TRAINING AT CFC
- Please be on time. This is imperative as class sizes are large and needing to start each group on time becomes a priority. If we are late a few minutes in one class, it carries over to the next and compounds throughout the day.
- If you are going to be late, plan on a later class. If it is going to be a matter of a couple minutes, call or text us.
- If you are late and are going to wait for the next session, feel free to work on any skills that you may need to as long as it doesn’t interfere with the current training group.
- Please warm up and get ready for training ASAP upon coming in. Once the workout is over, feel free to hang out and talk and catch up as much as you like.
- If you are working on a personalized strength program, you may do so during normal CrossFit training sessions, just be sure you are not interfering with the training session and your equipment is not needed for the normal class.
- Please listen to the trainers/coaches. We have a valuable skill set and interest in seeing you succeed. As such, if we prescribe something, make recommendations, or provide feedback, please listen and apply it.
- This is also the case when a trainer is talking at the beginning of class. Out of courtesy and respect, please listen and apply the info and skills to your workout.
- Our coaching staff will gladly give you all of our attention and time so long as you do the same. If you have a habit of choosing to be stubborn, not listen and do your own thing, don’t expect trainers to put a lot of time into you – take your training and the trainers seriously. If you are problematic, you will be asked to leave CFC.
- The daily WOD is the ONLY workout our clients will perform at our gym during regular class hours, unless they are on a specified Olympic Weightlifting or strength training program, or they have the express permission of CFC staff and are experienced enough to need minimal oversight.
- If you are injured or something feels a tad out of whack, we NEED to know this when you walk in the door. We can work around anything and not exacerbate a condition, so long as we know about it. If we don’t know about a slight issue and it becomes a full fledged injury that we could have avoided, then we are not responsible. Don’t try to work through something, instead let us know about any ailments. Live to fight another day!
- Please do not “dump” barbells/dumbbells for no reason. Injury, large loads overhead, misalignment in positioning, or failure are valid reasons. Dumping bars because you are trying to get a faster time, it’s heavy, or that’s “what other CrossFit affiliates do” is not a valid reason. Dumping bars will only shorten the lifespan of our equipment and/or slow your physical adaptation process.
- There is no shortage of parking in front of and around CFC. Please be courteous and do not park in the handicap spot and do not take up multiple spots or park like a jackass in the lot. Remove valuables from your car and notify CFC staff of suspicious subjects.
- If you are coming to class at night and are concerned for your safety when walking out to your car, please do not hesitate to ask for an escort from CFC staff or another member. Your safety is our first concern. We have ways of dealing with cretins…
- Please pick up after yourselves and put garbage where it belongs. We have a recycling container for applicable items. If possible, please do not put drinks with liquid still in them in the recycling container or garbage cans.
- If you have equipment that you would like to bring to CFC and leave there, you are more than welcome to. We will use it with other classes, but you will have priority to use it when needed and will still retain ownership of it. We will take good care of it.
- We have a very small window of “down time” where we need to take care of administrative tasks, run errands, rest, eat, or workout. Please let us use this time for our own needs and wait until we are back to normal operating hours, at which time the facility will be opened back up and available for your use.
- Please feel free to hang out before or after a workout session to talk, stretch, work on skills, or heckle the other classes. However, please be respectful of the trainers as they are addressing or training individuals and do not create a disturbance in the background.
Please feel free to contact CFC staff regarding any of these issues. We are committed to providing the best training and training environment possible to our clients. Your health, happiness, fitness and safety are our primary concerns and we will always strive to meet your goals and make your experience at CFC enjoyable and memorable.